Monday, February 23, 2009

WORLD'S MOST PIERCED WOMAN

Elaine Davidson, the world's most pierced woman, has added yet more metal adornments to her body, bringing the grand total to 6,005.

When first accredited by a Guinness World Record official in 2000, Davidson had 462 piercings, with 192 in her face alone. Now, nine years later, she has 6,005 including more than 1,500 that are "internal". However, despite her eye-watering record, Miss Davidson, born in Brazil, claims she doesn't like being pierced, and suffers for her art. She said: "I don't enjoy getting pierced, but to break the record you have to get to a high level. "I wanted to break the record. "My family don't even like tattoos or piercings. "But I am happy. I decided to change myself and be me." Miss Davidson, a nurse who now lives in Edinburgh, was speaking in Darlington as she opened, what else, a piercing studio.

No comments: