Tuesday, February 15, 2011
SCARY STUFF! TV REPORTER SUFFERS POTENTIAL STROKE LIVE ON AIR RENDERING HER UNABLE TO SPEAK...
unsurprisingly she was hospitalized after this report went out...fingers crossed she's ok...
Update on Serene:
As many of you know CBS2 reporter Serene Branson experienced some health-related problems last night during our post-Grammys newscast. She was examined by paramedics on scene immediately after her broadcast. Her vital signs were normal. She was not hospitalized. As a precautionary measure, a colleague gave her a ride home. And while Serene says she is feeling better today, she wants us to know she followed-up with a visit to the doctor for some medical tests. Serene thanks everyone for their concern and good wishes and hopes to be back on the air very soon.
5 WARNING SIGNS OF STROKE
1. Numbness or Weakness: sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body.
2. Confusion: sudden trouble speaking or understanding.
3. Eyesight: sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes.
4. Dizziness: sudden trouble walking, loss of balance or coordination.
5. Headache: sudden severe headache with no known cause.
For more information on strokes, see www.strokeassociation.org