Wednesday, January 6, 2010

GOOD GOD MAN WHAT ARE YOU AT?


Positioned on the edge of the Flydalsjuvet cliff in Geiranger, Norway, any mistake by the self-styled "educated balancing performer" could result in a 304 metre fall. But the 30-year-old Norwegian, resplendent in a gold leotard and head brace, is no stranger to his unusual situation, having already completed the same feat last summer. He said: "I've had this picture in my mind since 2001, and we had already planned to return to do the winter landscape after our success in September. "I always feel addicted to edgy places which gives me the feeling of flying, and this is one of the best venues I've been to so far." The daredevil, who has been honing his balancing skills since the age of five and joined the circus aged 18, describes his balancing acts as expressions of art and not stunts. Mr Ronningsbakken, who is currently working with a troupe of 50 balance artists in Nairobi, Kenya, decided to balance on three chairs for his latest challenge after using a home-made rig on his previous attempt. He said: "I prepared for many different types of balancing and brought various props but the best outcome was the stack of chairs with me on top. "I have three loose items under me, and balancing with my back towards the abyss there is no return at all if I fall."

No comments: